Health Options Program
|HOP Administration Unit
Unit PO Box 1764
Lancaster, PA 17608-1764
Health Options Program: 1-800-773-7725
Premium Assistance: 1-866-483-5509
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday—Friday
Privacy Notification PDF
Q: I have some questions regarding my health insurance?
A: Contact HOP at 1-800-773-7725, or visit their website. For Premium Assistance information, call 1-866-483-5509.
Health Options Program
PSERS sponsors the Health Options Program to provide retirees and their dependents access to group health insurance. The benefits provided by Health Options Program are designed to meet the health insurance needs of PSERS retirees. Participation in Health Options Program is voluntary and the benefits are financed by the premiums paid by plan participants.
You may enroll in Health Options Program within 180 days of a Qualifying Event if you are a:
- Annuitant (PSERS retiree)
- Spouse of Annuitant
- Suvivor Annuitant
- Dependent child of an Annuitant or Survivor Annuitant
Qualifying Events include:
You retire or lose health care coverage under your school employer’s health plan.
You involuntarily lose health care coverage under a non-school employer’s health plan.
You or your spouse reach age 65 or become eligible for Medicare.
You experience a change in your family status (including divorce, your death or death of a spouse,
addition of a dependent through birth, adoption, or marriage, or a dependent loses eligibility).
You become eligible for Premium Assistance due to a change in legislation.
A plan approved for Premium Assistance terminates or you move out of a plan’s service area.
Qualifying Events apply to you, and may apply to your spouse, and your dependents. For example, if your spouse or dependents lose coverage under an employer's health plan, they may enroll in the Health Options Program.
Eligible dependents include:
- Your spouse
- Your unmarried children under age 19, including natural children, stepchildren, legally adopted children, and children legally placed for adoption (Although the Affordable Care Act, or health care reform, extends coverage under employer plans to children under age 26, the law does not apply to retiree plans such as the Health Options Program.)
- Your unmarried children age 19 to 23 who are enrolled as full-time students in an accredited college or university or in a technical or specialized school and who are not regularly employed by one or more employers on a full-time basis.
Your unmarried children
disabled by a mental and/or physical disability before age 17 who
meet all of these conditions:
- Incapable of self-sustaining employment
- Dependent on you for support
- Live with you.
For more information about the Health Options Program or for customer service assistance you should contact HOP Administration Unit directly at 1-800-773-7725 or visit the HOP website at www.hopbenefits.com.
HOP Business Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday—Friday